Friday, November 1, 2013

Speak Final Assessment

Examining Melinda’s Voice- And Your Own!

1.) “Jillian, babillian, mamillian, kazillion” said Anna. She was making fun of a little Kindergarteners name.”What kind of name is that? it’s so weird like who would name their child that?  
I knew that i should be doing something to help the girl in this situation. If anything i thought that her name was pretty cool and unique, but then again i thought “what will Anna think of me after? will she still be friends with me?” i had actually sat with Jillian on the bus a couple times when all the other seats were full and she offered. She was such a a sweet girl, never caused any trouble yet here she was getting pestered. I knew that it wasn't right that she was getting bullied and I really wanted to help her! I was just sitting and watching though like nothing was happening.
I felt so bad for Jillian. She never did anything wrong, like what did she ever do to deserve this? As for myself i thought i was a kind and nice person, but after this i felt like it was out of character. 

2.) A time when my inner voice was in harmony with my outer voice when I was deciding whether I should play soccer or not this year. I had played it all of my life basically and at first I wasn't sure if I wanted to or not. I kind of lost interest in the sport near the end of the season last year and was sure that I wasn't going play. 
All of that changed the day of the try- outs. It just didn't feel right, like i knew i should should be there playing. In my head i was saying “Go! Just go try out! if you don’t like it then you don’t have to play next year! You will never know until you try!” i knew i was right also. I mean high school soccer is so different from middle school soccer, and I have really only heard good things about it, so it can’t be THAT bad. In that moment i ran downstairs and told my mom that i wanted to play and we went and signed me up and i went to the last tryouts. It felt so good playing and i am so glad that i made the decision to play.

3.)B.) A time when Melinda’s inner voice is not in agreement with her outer voice is when she wants to tell her parents about the party when she got raped, but she doesnt. An example of this is when Melinda is opening her presents on Christmas and she just really wants to tell them. “I almost tell them right then and there… But i want to tell them everything as we sit there by our plastic Christmas tree while Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer video plays (72)”. In this situation, her inner voice is telling her to tell them. “They leave the room. I am still sitting on the floor, holding the paper and charcoals. I didn’t even say ‘Thank you.’(72)”. Her outer voice though, again, is saying nothing. After this I think that she feels regretful because she wants to finally be able to get the whole thing off of her chest and just tell them, but she can never actually seem to tell them in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment